Cloud-based RFID handheld reader: AdvanScan TM
AdvanScan is an RFID inventory and encoding system based on an Android-based handheld and direct upload of data to the cloud.
AdvanScan obtains the inventory of products in a space with a high read-rate (typically above 98%), and uploads the inventory data to the cloud (AdvanCloud).
AdvanScan provides visual inventory: product description and images of the read items can be shown on the screen. This allows the user to easily verify which products have been identified, accelerating processes and reducing errors.
AdvanScan can be used for encoding RFID tags on its own (without an RFID printer). It can also print and encode RFID soft tags by using it together with AdvanPrint (RFID printer solution).
AdvanScan works with WiFi and avoids the need to use any local computer.
It’s plug & play !
AdvanScan improves the following business processes:
- Goods in: verifying that the received products are correct against an ASN (Advance Shipping Notice)
- Pick list: items to take from the backroom to the sales floor
- Discrepancies: differences between the RFID inventory and the stock information in the IT system of the retailer
- Returns: items to send back to the distribution centre or to another store
Business benefits of AdvanScan:
- Increase of product availability
- Reduction of out-of-stocks
- Reduction of shrinkage
- Very easy to use: needs only 3 clicks to make an inventory and upload it to the cloud
- Plug and play
- No need of an external computer
|Operating Frequency||865 - 868 MHz, 902 - 928 MHz|
|Compatible host devices||Android|
|User indicators||Speaker, vibration motor, LED|
|Power supply||Removable, rechargeable 4.2 volt Lithium mAh battery pack, 8.4 watt hrs|
|Output Power||10mW to 800mW|
|Transponder Protocol Standard||EPC Class1 Gen2|
|Nominal read range||Up to 4m / up to 13 ft.|
|Nominal write range||Up to 1.22 m / up to 4 ft.|
|RFID performance field||150-degree forward facing (approx.) measured from front of device|
|Antenna||Detachable, Circularly Polarized with optional 2D scanner|
|Barcode scanning imager||Motorola SE4500 2D imager|
|Sensor resolution||752 x 480 pixels|
|Barcode scanning field of view||Horizontal: 40°, Vertical: 25°|