Keonn wins the Coolest Demo Contest at RFID JL with its RFID robot
It is a second year in a row that Keonn Technologies has been honored as a winner of this contest.
AdvanRobot is a mobile and autonomous RFID system with on-board navigation that performs automatically the inventory of a given space, for instance, a retail store or a low-ceiling warehouse.
AdvanRobot locates each tagged item in the 3 axes (x,y,z), and provides a 3 dimension planogram of the products inside the space.
AdvanRobot can move in all directions, since it can rotate without displacement. Therefore, it can easily move around any given space. The movement of AdvanRobot is synchronized with the tag reading in order to maximize read rate.
AdvanRobot only moves after no more tags are being read at a given position.
- RFID system with 12 antennas, 6 on each side, capable of achieving very high read rate and a high location accuracy
- Navigation system
- Touch screen (shows the tags being read and allows to configure the system)
- Joystick for remote control
- Energy storage and recharge system
How it works?
- The user moves AdvanRobot with a joystick across the space. In this phase, the RFID subsystem is not in operation.
- During this movement process with the joystick, AdvanRobot generates automatically a map of the space.
- The user activates the reading mode of AdvanRobot.
- AdvanRobot moves autonomously across the space, and in this process it reads and locates the RFID tags, storing this information.